Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Uncommonly Good Customer Service Experience

A couple days ago we received our fancy schmancy new stroller travel system (long story why we couldn't stick with the one the MIL bought used we originally thought would work) and after getting it all put together and discarding the packaging, the Geek noticed a tear in the canopy.

I stressed about it for a while, thinking about what an unbelievable hassle it would be to recollect all the packaging from the various recycling containers, disassemble all the pieces, and reship a 4 foot by 3 foot by 3 foot ginormous freakin box.

But this morning I got my head on straight, took a good look at how it was put together and realized it should be a simple matter of replacing a part held on with two simple screws. I called Graco, told them what happened and gave them serial number. They haven't even received our product registration card yet, but in less than 5 minutes, no questions asked, they shipped me a replacement part.

Definitely a company I will continue to do business with in the future.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't it nice when you discover there is such a thing as customer service!

Unknown said...

It's always nice to find a company that actually cares to ensure their product is sound and values a true sense of customer support.

Unknown said...

Glad you got it working.. Did you see all the recalls on the cribs that are out there? How have you been feeling? How far along are you again? Hope all is well!

Melissa said...

I had really BAD customer service today, so am glad to read a good story. THe store closed at nine and at 8:45 the lady tells me I have 5 minutes because she wants to close out her register early. She also didn't help my sis-n-law, so when I was checking out at 8:55pm I told her that I felt her registers were more important than her customers and that she didn't really help us and that I probably wouldn't come back to the store because of how she treated us. She didn't say much, but she did give me 25% off my bill which saved me 50 bucks. I'm glad I spoke up.