Friday, October 20, 2006

Operation Cat Trap: Update

That trap was the best fifty bucks I ever spent. We got our first kitten!

Aside from a big ol' belly (probably worms) and some fleas he looks great - no evidence of respiratory or other infections. He's camping out in my spare bathroom until the shelter opens tomorrow. Even better, he's younger than the descriptions the employees gave led me to guesstimate, which means less time to go feral. After only an hour of being allowed to chill quietly he let me pick him up and he even snuggled up to me. He's gonna be just fine.

We got a picture of him after the extensive wrestling match to get him out of the trap (I'll post it tomorrow). I was officially his first human contact and he was having none of it - his impressive use of claws got him dubbed Freddie.

We're a little concerned because he's the only confirmed sighting since Wednesday. The others may well have moved on and he could have stuck around for the free food. We'll know soon enough - we just got back from resetting the trap and have arranged shifts for checking it all weekend.

No comments: