Tuesday, May 29, 2007

From Apil 18th

(In Which I Broke Down and Called My Doctor Crying)

With the exception of venting my frustrations into my blog, I've been trying to do a grin-and-bear-it thing through this whole mess. Honestly, I figured this was just what you had to deal with when you were pregnant, and since I wanted to be pregnant I asked for it. But after being unable to keep more than a couple hundred calories down for a couple days I finally called my midwife sobbing.

I've lost 11 pounds in 4 weeks. The Calorie Nazi is freaking out at me and keeps insisting I need to eat more (DUH). I JUST CAN'T HELP IT. I'm so scared the baby won't be ok. How can it be, if I can't even keep down water?

My midwife laughed while I cried and reassured me that at this point in the pregnancy she's not too concerned about the weight loss, especially since I still have plenty extra. But she agreed that the fact I haven't been able to leave the house in 4 weeks is unacceptable and prescribed something for the nausea.

Let's hope this works. It would be nice to drink water again.

No comments: