Wednesday, May 09, 2007

From March 31

(In Which I First Realize It's Hard to Keep This Secret)

Had people over for a friend's birthday tonight. Plan was to make her watch Eddie Izzard and Mel Brooks so she'd get our jokes from now on. Did a 'cake or death' birthday cake and everything. Everyone loved it.

It was HARD not to tell. I mean, how often do you have a dozen or so of your friends in your living room coinciding with the discovery of such monument news? But it's WAY too soon to be telling the whole world.

The hardest part was having a bunch of people over for a party - when I'm known for tending bar and downing my fair share of Cosmopolitans - and trying to hide the fact that I'm not drinking. It's not like I want to, I've never been a huge drinker in general. It's definitely not like I miss it, or that there's anything that would make me pine for it. But my friend Gray unwittingly brought along the one thing that made it even harder to explain away the not-drinking... Pomegranate Vodka. I think he remembered I made pomegranate martinis at the Christmas party.

I've been really tired. I mean REALLY tired. Falling asleep on the couch at 8:00 tired. Normally having a dozen friends over for food and fun would be nothing - I'd spend a day making it all from scratch and enjoy watching them eat, and happily chat with people until the wee hours. But I'm so. Damn. TIRED. All I want to do is sleep, and it's putting a serious damper on my daily routine.

But I shouldn't complain about a little fatigue. It could be worse.

4 comments:

Trisaratops said...

Luckily for me the ridonkulous tiredness started to go away around week 13...sending "no more tired" vibes your way!

Unknown said...

You'll get your energy back soon, if it's not already coming back. Enjoy the pep of the later months and let us know when nesting instinct kicks in!

Joy | Love | Chaos said...

I LOVE EDDIE IZZARD!!!

Now *that's* my kind of humor! Funny thing is that now everybody is all about his new show -- which *is* great and all -- but have no idea what his REAL standup routine is like.

Ah, well. Leave it to American TV... :p

Sixteen Chickens said...

I'm glad you finally were able to tell.

Sleep is good. Sleep while you can, because in a few months time sleep will be but a distant memory.