Friday, December 29, 2006

Progress Report

With your host, Kona the Goofy Shepherd Monster



Vocabulary Skills

In the 8 weeks since I came to my new family, I learned the meaning of:
Sit (it means bend my back legs until I see the cookie)
Down (it means get up and sniff their hand for the cookie)
Stay (it means they're going to let go of me and I can go look for a cookie)
OOW!! (it means their fingers were between me and the cookie)
Off (it means I can't eat off the counter when they're in the room)
Lay down! Go to sleep! (it means I must protect Mommy from the cats trying to steal her pillow)
GAAHH! Not the computer!! (it means the tennis ball needs a little more slobber before I drop it onto the warm shiny box on their lap)


Dietary Habits

My Mommy and Daddy are teaching me to eliminate unhealthy things from my diet so I can grow up a to be a big, strong boy. All they have to do is yell "Don't eat the..." and I know to cut back on whatever it is. Stuff they've taught me not to eat so far includes:
Table
Chair
Pillow
Blanket
Bed
Soap
Kitty
That other dog's head
Eeewww... what is that?!


Recent Accomplishments

I helped groom my sister - the crunchy slobber all over her head works just like gel!
I gave my Daddy a mild concussion all by myself!
I saved my Mommy money - I helped smash her teeth right into her lip so she'll never need to get that collagen stuff to make them puffy!
I helped Mommy by cleaning up the kitchen while they were having dinner - she didn't need that roast chicken anyway, right?
I helped Mommy with her diet - she didn't need to eat that plate of sausage for breakfast!
I helped Daddy practice using the new carpet cleaner AND helped him get in some cardio 10 minutes before company arrived for a party by demonstrating my muddy hole-digging prowess (that tennis ball wasn't going to bury itself!) and then making him chase me around the white carpet.
I helped the plants get enough sunlight! I'm sure they didn't want those blinds on the windows anyway!
I proved how strong I am by shredding - in less than two weeks - an industrial strength dog toy that not even all the dogs at a kennel could shred in a year!


It sure has been fun living with my new family and I learn lots of new stuff every day. I'm looking forward to next year - I keep hearing about this place called "obedience school." I don't know what it is, but it must be good because Mommy keeps talking about how she can't wait for it to start!

4 comments:

:) said...

Love the report!!! Good times.

Good puppy.

Sixteen Chickens said...

Isn't puppydom fun? Don't forget the puppy breath that will curl your hair. Or the 2nd water dish aka the toliet.

jbmmommy said...

I don't envy those puppy days. You've got patience of gold there, hope things continue to progress well. Kona certainly couldn't have found a more wonderful home anywhere else.

Lisa said...

Sounds like life with Kona is settling in nicely. ;)

Good luck with obedience school!