Friday, December 01, 2006

They Cost More Than a New Jersey

Yesterday I woke up, heard the weather report, got dressed and was literally at the shoe store 30 minutes before they opened (which just might be a sign of the apocalypse, because I've never beaten anyplace open in my life). I remember seeing these at the store a few weeks ago - walked right past them to ogle the sleek black leather spike heeled concoctions - and remember thinking that I haven't owned snow boots since I was a little girl and perhaps it was time to do something about that. My snow removal responsibilities (one of the things I agreed to take on when I started working from home) have made them a necessity, and today's snow day extravaganza is the ultimate case in point.

Best part - after selling the same boots to a couple of people before me the clerk asked "is it supposed to snow or something?"

I'd much rather have bought a new bike jersey. Or those cold weather, wind-proof running pants I've had my eye on. Or new running shoes, for that matter.

But as I look out my window at the knee-deep snow, thankful to have a job I can stay in for and dreading the moment it finally stops and I have to go wrestle with the mother of all freakin' snowblowers, I'm awfully glad I spent my gear money on these.



And for anyone who's curious about how we came to own the mother of all freakin' snowblowers... that's a story in itself.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Cool boots. I spent FOREVER working on snow removal today since hubby is in South America where it is warm. Oh Well. I thought the same thing. I got a HECK of a work out. Now we are going to have pizza and a movie night four doors down at my brother's house. It's cool to have auntie and uncle and baby Luke right down the street. Talk to you later, Melissa

Sixteen Chickens said...

Don't hurt me too badly, but we got just a dusting of snow, which melted as soon as the sun came out. *Ducks as the snowboot flies past her head*

Habeela said...

Yay for snow! Yay for shoes! It sounds like a great combo to me. :) Much better than 60 and rainy combo we're getting here!

a.maria said...

sweet ass boots. what kind are those, i'm in the market as well?