Monday, November 06, 2006

Nine Lives

Thanks to everybody for all your support - I was feeling alone and overwhelmed and you have no idea how grateful I am for your words of encouragement.

Ongoing family dramas aside, things at home are coming along literally as well as they possibly could be. Kona's taking to obedience like a champ and Bogart is taking to his insulin regimen like it's second nature. In fact, he's pretty sure he's a rock star now that he gets special food served like a prince in a private room. When he sees the food coming he runs into the bathroom yelling for it. Needless to say giving the injection while he inhales his (apparently very tasty) special diet food is anticlimactic.

We can already tell the insulin is helping and he's feeling like his old self again, which he amply demonstrated in the middle of the night by knocking a plant over onto the white carpet.

It's great to have my cat back : D

On a related note... I have a new mantra. There's a wonderful woman at the Chamber I just adore - she unwittingly gave it to me. Friday morning, as I was late and rushing to the event I was supposed to help run, all I could think was that what I really needed was a hug from Bonnie and everything would be fine.

After the event was over she pulled me aside, concerned because it's not like me to be late (not to mention be late in a suit covered in cat hair.) I told her what was going on and she gave me a great big hug. Then she told me I was obviously going to be fine and now that I'm past the initial shock I can just stand up and say: Watch me handle this.

And she's right. There's nothing here I can't deal with by itself, therefore there's nothing here I can't juggle as a matter of course. So, here we go...

Watch me handle this.

3 comments:

Sixteen Chickens said...

And if that doesn't work ("handling this") remember you can always set things on fire. ;)

Trisaratops said...

That's awesome. Glad things are settling down a bit for you!

And in response to your comment on my post, NO, it's NOT sad!! That is faster than the MILLIONS of people who will never get to that starting line.

Just remember that. :)

Lisa said...

I might have to borrow that mantra. I need a new one. :)

Glad things are getting better. Slowly but surely, things will look up for both of us!