Thursday, November 16, 2006

You Might Be a Triathlete If

You pack a transition bag with swim and run gear because you want to get in some workouts... on a weekend trip for a family wedding. 14 hours of which will be spent driving.

The way my shoulder feels (mental note: playing with 85 pound puppy + already strained shoulder = bad idea) I have a hunch the swim gear isn't going to see much more than the hotel hot tub. But I really would like to sneak in a run, if for no other reason than to get a little more acclimated to running in the cold. I figure if I can run in Minnesota cold the week before Thanksgiving, I can run in Chicagoland cold on Thanksgiving.

I just hope I can find somewhere to run around Forest Lake that isn't the highway by the hotel. It's hard enough to run without breathing car exhaust.

2 comments:

:) said...

Just make sure you (your husband) don't re-injure that shoulder on your vacation! hee.

Have fun!

Sixteen Chickens said...

I hope you're having a good weekend! Run if you must, hit the hottub fer sure.