Thursday, July 30, 2009

Best Laid Plans

Business is summer slow, so for my first hour of Bear Freedom this morning I was going to treat myself to either a bike ride, an open water swim or some Evil Cross Training (garden wall building - I'm halfway to my goal of getting it half done this summer). Or maybe 2 out of 3, if I was feelin' sassy.

It literally started raining just as I buckled Bear into the car seat for his ride to school. Bleh.

It's 7:58 am. I can't believe I'm fully dressed, ready to do ANY of those things, and am being thwarted by the weather.

***later this morning***

I went with Evil Cross Training because it was closer to home in case of lightning. I got 7 more feet of retaining wall installed. Go me!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

As long as it isn't thundering, open water swimming in the rain is marvellous!

Lisa said...

Well at least there was a workout in there! Not me... I went to work, and now I"m home, baking in the 100+ degrees that Seattle is totally unprepared for... funny, they weren't ready for snow, now they're not ready for heat. And they definitely don't know how to drive in the rain, so what the heck! LOL

Hope you get some more Bear Free time to get that ride or swim in!