Monday, June 21, 2010

Her Sun Set Too Soon

I just found out about what happened to Wendy Buckner.

Because we lived in different countries, I only got to hang out with her once in person. But I was immediately drawn to her, and I enjoyed every moment in her wise and witty presence. We've stayed in touch the last few years, and the news of her passing hit me hard enough to stop everything and have a good cry.

Godspeed, Wendy. I hope that red Prada purse is waiting for you in Heaven.


Wendy at the 2007 IMWI Tri Blogger meet up.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

My thoughts are with Wendy and her family. It's been awhile since I've read her blog, but I'm so sad to hear.

Trisaratops said...

Well said, Michelle...

I never had the pleasure of meeting Wendy in person, but could just tell what a kindred spirit she was. She'll be missed.

Jenny Davidson said...

It is a lovely picture - I must have seen it at the time, but very nice to get a glimpse again of that trip.

Unknown said...

She is greatly missed already, not a day went by that she didn't write me something..:(