Saturday, March 24, 2007

Back in the Saddle Again

Hello pavement. How have you been?

Hello endless uphill grade between me and the bike trail. You seem smaller this year.

Hello stop sign at the top of the hill. Look! You don't make me fall over any more!

Hello barky dogs. Glad to see the fence is still holding.

Hello tummy that won't let me go aero. You're smaller than ever - sooner or later you'll be a distant memory, and I'll have an efficient position.

Hello nice drivers that let me cross the big road safely.

Hello burny quads and ouchy butt and tingly hands.

Hello grease-smears and random black smudges. Hello helmet hair.

I'm missed you so! Thanks for making me feel alive.

8 comments:

TriGirl 40 said...

Awesome post! And so true. I just want to know how small a stomach has to be before it isn't in the way of an aero postion.

LBTEPA said...

ooooh I am so jealous - but I'll be out there again soon too. It's great fun to just appreciate and savour all those small joys of being outside :)

Sixteen Chickens said...

Spring, it's a wonderful thing! Spring on a bike-- orgasmic.
I just had a vision of being orgasmic on a bike and tipping over. Haha! Oops, sorry about that.

Veeg said...

Mmmmm. March is totally fucking with me, but I will just graciously accept its love and warmth until that fickle bitch April comes along and breaks my heart. :)

Unknown said...

Ouchy butt! I love it. I'm going to officially use that phrase going forward. Sounds like you had a great day. Keep it up.

Joy | Love | Chaos said...

Oh -- you know what? I'm starting to loose my tummy, too. The one that bounced around on my thigh-tops and made me feel all, well, bouncy on the bike. And this tummy and I have BEEN PLACES together, for many years. Then one day...poof! No more bouncing. Seriously.

That's a good day. Soon, sista. Soon.

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

I really identified with this - the hills seem smaller to me this year, too! And easier. I've still got a bit of anti-aero tummy; I can go aero but when I pedal my knees tap against it constantly. :-)

Fe-lady said...

What a great post! Happy Spring to you too!