Saturday, March 03, 2007

Open Letter to the Anonymous Runner

OK, I see you. You got me. I feel guilty. Now stop running by my window.

See, I'm not running outside because, um, it's 12 degrees. With 25 mph winds. Oh, and I just spent an hour clearing two-foot snowdrifts from the driveway.

Yeah, yeah. I know I should be out there too. I know I'm hoping to race in just four short weeks. I know I'm behind in my training.

But... did you not notice the part about 12 degrees and 25 mph winds?

Now go away. And stop making me feel guilty.

*******************Update***********************

Today I am, apparently, a quiche-eating surrender monkey. (If you haven't yet read IM Able's Ugly Mudder race report - go now!)

Not only did I ignore the guilt trip courtesy of the Anonymous Runner and opt for warm and cozy in lieu of training today, I am now on my way to a wine tasting.

The irony might actually kill me.

5 comments:

LBTEPA said...

Oh BUMMER on the stupid run organisers in your previous post - that is a complete pain in the a#$%!
If that runner doesn't go away you can throw things at her/him.

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Hmmm. Could you trip he runner?

Joy | Love | Chaos said...

And I suggest two servings of the cheese steak diet and call me in the morning!

;)

Anonymous said...

I'v got an anonymous runner of my own. Oh yeah and she is also my anonymous biker. I havent seen her at the pool yet but I'm prety sure she swims.

I would talk to her but shes just to darn fast and I cant catch up to her.

I wonder if I am her anonymous biker/runner?

That brings up an interesting point you are probably somebody's anonymous runner. Somebody who is sitting in their house and see you run by and makes then think if shes out there why an I in here. Maybe someday that person will put down the remote and put on some shoes and then you will a second anonymous runner.

- Rocks

Unknown said...

Rubber band slingshot? Think of the wine tasting as palate training. Then you're still getting in some training hours, right?