Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Taking Stock

1) OMG, I completely forgot that running outside is So. Much. HARDER.

2) At least I was able to run 1/3 my treadmill distance outside today - and this just the first try for the season. Last year, with the exception of my came-from-nowhere personal best at Thanksgiving, best I could muster outdoors was a dismal 1:4 ratio.

3) I know I've got work to do when I take the pokey, pudgy 9 year old dog along and even she gives me the total "aren't we gonna go any faster?" look.

4) At least I clocked a respectable 13:25 on that one mile. That's a great time for me.

5) There were moments I wasn't sure I'd make it the whole mile, but at the end of it I felt like I probably could have scraped out another half mile before completely falling apart.

Got my work cut out for me if I'm going to make a decent showing at the Crazy Legs 8K in 6 weeks!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You've got the right attitude. It will all get easier with each run. Keep up the great work.

Sixteen Chickens said...

Running outside? You mean we've got to run outside? Nobody said anything about running outside! That's that's that's just, wrong!;)

Lisa said...

It's so nice to be back outside! I don't know how I'm supposed to get back on the treadmill after that!