Sunday, March 16, 2008

Safety Race

Congratulations! You have successfully registered for the 2008 US Women's Triathlon Series - Naperville.


This is the only tri I think I'll be doing this year. The baby, work and training for the half marathon are enough for me to juggle. This sprint tri is like an old friend; it's the one I even managed to pull off 4 months pregnant.

Good thing it's an easy one, 'cause it's in about 12 weeks and my wrist just went all wonky. Doctor's not sure why, but it seems to be related to using that hand to hold the majority of the baby's weight. I'm currently wearing a very sexy splint, and am temporarily not allowed to swim, bike or do any yoga poses that puts weight on it. GAH!

At least I can still run, right? Except that I just came down with an icky coughy sinus thing.

So at the moment, the closest I can come to actually being a triathlete is sitting on the couch with my laptop and registering for races : D

9 comments:

Jennifer P said...

Registering is sometimes the hard part. Take care of that wrist.

Melissa said...

Glad to hear your registered. Bummed to hear about the wrist and all. Hang in there and get better. You'll rock the tri and I'll be cheering for ya. :-)

Jessica said...

Nothing is more motivating than that 'register now' button! Hope the wrist feels better. Hauling around little people really throws our bodies out of whack. Take care.

LBTEPA said...

You go darl!

Pharmie said...

Yikes! Hope you're feeling better. I think having only a couple of races this season is not a bad idea. This stuff gets EXPENSIVE!! (but probably not as expensive as diapers)

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

I'm thinking it's all of the name and credit card typing that has your wrist messed up!

Sixteen Chickens said...

But can you still hold the baby?!?!?!

I haven't registered yet... family stuff, not sure if I will be able to or not.

brendaj said...

Great job! I have a feeling I might not do any triathlons this year. I'm not sure when I'll be able to bike or swim at this point.

And I hope your arm feels better soon. I definitely favor one side when holding the baby also.

IronWaddler said...

Tough to be a mom and train. I know. My kids are now teens and I can truly get back to it . It;s a balancing act. I also am signed up for that Tri.