Friday, December 21, 2007

Polishing My Badge

Any fears I might have had about losing my One Of The Crazy People badge after the baby came were well and truly put to rest today.

Coming home from the hospital for Little Geek's latest weight check I noticed the weather... 34 degrees, overcast and a little bit foggy.

Honest to gawd, my first thought was "wow, what a great day for a run."

Since I still have the bra issue to deal with I won't be running, but as soon as Wonderful Husband gets home to watch the baby I am going to strap 'em into the best bra I've got and take the dog for a walk.

I'm on maybe 3 hours of sleep (not all in a row) and perhaps someone without a Crazy People badge might think the time would be better spent taking a nap. But I suspect paying a visit to my cold weather base layers (with thumbholes! we all know how I heart the thumbholes!) and getting my heart rate up a little will do me more good than any amount of sleep.

Regarding the Little Geek...
My little piglet went from being underweight, refusing to eat and not gaining enough to (about a week ago) finding his appetite and, to everyone's relief and delight, gain 18 ounces in 8 days. He's still not quite gotten the hang of nursing, but that's gotten much better too and I can imagine a time when it won't suck any more. He's doing so well we no longer need to make pilgrimages to the hospital for weight checks, which is the best Christmas present I could ask for.



No comments: