Wednesday, May 28, 2008

General Status, Blogger Hookup & Gratuitous Cuteness

General Status
I wish I had more to report besides my astounding mediocrity and continued battles with injury, but alas, I do not.

Basically I'm doing as much as I can to train... which at the moment is barely 1-2 times a week. Pathetic, I know. But it is what it is and life goes on.

Lest I despair too much over my impending failures to PR (and *gasp* to potentially DNF), I keep reminding myself of two things:
- I'm not going to do myself any favors by training through injuries, so I've got to chill
- Baby Bear is only going to be this amazing little package of baby goodness ONCE, so quit worrying about my races and enjoy him

Blogger Hookup
We stopped in Wisconsin on our way to visit family in Minnesota this weekend for a quick visit with the always fabulous (and temporarily on blogging hiatus) Wylee. As luck would have it, the newest member of her family happened to be there too!

Just to prove once again how amazingly sweet she is, she wouldn't let me go without a bouquet of lilacs cut from the outrageously beautiful trees that surround her charming home. They're my absolute favorite and made the hotel room feel a million times more welcoming.


Gratuitous Cuteness
Baby Bear doesn't seem to feel the same way about Martha Stewart as his momma.

6 comments:

Joy | Love | Chaos said...

"my astounding mediocrity"

pretty much ties up how i feel with a nice little bow. :)

keep the cuteness coming!

LBTEPA said...

"I'm not going to do myself any favors by training through injuries, so I've got to chill
- Baby Bear is only going to be this amazing little package of baby goodness ONCE, so quit worrying about my races and enjoy him"
- YAY FOR YOU!!!!STICK WITH THOSE THOUGHTS DARL (why am I shouting?)

BTW awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww he is SO CUTE

Duane said...

Very cute!

Unknown said...

Michelle, I am bummed i missed you.. You were only 2 b locks from me.. I was out of town wheeling, as you can see in my blog of the muddy wheelers. I am glad you had a great trip.
We will all be ready to go for the 2009 Season.
Take care!

Sixteen Chickens said...

I'm so glad you stopped by, I'm sorry it was such utter chaos at the time! It was great to meet baby bear "on the outside," ha! and your WH! Sheesh, it must be my monitor making me look so huge, it couldn't possibly be that I have ridden my bike a grand total of ONE time this season. Ah babies, they are so worth it. Good luck at Naperville, I will be thinking of you.

Trisaratops said...

Yahoo for blogger meetups! :) You all look faboo!

OMG, he is getting soooooo big!!!! Can you believe how fast this is going? Holy crap, man. What a cutie!