Friday, June 12, 2009

Eat Your Heart Out Shamu

I'm not sayin' it's pretty, but the wetsuit fiiiiitttsss!!!!

I was pleased that the hips went on a bit easier than I'd feared. Not that I could squeeze one extra pound into it, but it went over the hips without too much drama, so that was all good.

I do have to say, without my trusty tourniquet Enelle smashing the girls back a good few inches, I'm not sure it would have zipped all the way up. But it did. And I always always always wear an Enelle for races, so that's all good.

Next step - finding someone who's not at the Cubs game to watch Bear while I take it for a test swim.

Pix to follow...

(and for any of my curvy girls who might be looking at wetsuits as well... I'm 5'2" and currently weigh 218. I wear size 18/20 pants, 14/16 top and 40G bra. The wetsuit is a Blue Seventy Reaction, size Women's Large Athena.)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

This is SO great Siren!!! I'm very pleased for you.

IronWaddler said...

Glad it fits ---thanks for the fit info. I need a new one.

LBTEPA said...

good news!

Lisa said...

Yay it fits! If I was in Chicago I'd gladly watch Bear!

Melissa said...

I wish I could come and watch Bear for you. So happy it fits for you. I'm gonna freeze on Sunday. Goal for next summer, be the right size for a wet suit. Can't wait to see you this weekend.

jbmmommy said...

Glad to hear it worked out well for you. I hope you're able to get in that practice swim. Good luck!

Sixteen Chickens said...

Thank goodness!! And good luck!!!

Pharmie said...

So glad the wetsuit fits! You wear your Enell while swimming? I have to outlaw that thing during tris - can't breathe in the swim or on the bike. You are definitely my hero for braving that one!