Saturday, August 08, 2009

Calorie Nazi Status Report

I officially reached a new loss level today - that's 55 pounds, baby!

I haven't been this weight since the mid 1990s. As this last few pounds came off I've noticed a difference in my face that makes me happy when I look in the mirror. That last extra chin is practically gone!

Technically I did get down 10 pounds lower than this - to 207 - while I was pregnant. But I think it doesn't count when weight loss is due to possession by an alien pod person who makes you puke your way down the scale.

All in all, I'm a happy camper. I got past the endlessly frustrating plateau that was spring 2009 and calmly accepted I won't be making it down to 190 this year. But if I keep working at this very manageable pace I could still see 210, or maybe even 205.

I know that's ridiculously slow to some, but between work and Baby Bear and life in general it's what I can manage right now. It's still progress. The numbers on the scale - and in my closet - are still getting smaller. And my paces on the workouts I can squeeze in are still getting bigger.

I'm the tortoise, not the hare. And that's all kinds of fine with me.

9 comments:

Sixteen Chickens said...

Yay! I almost said yay for nazi's but that would have been all kinds of wrong.

Trisaratops said...

That is FABULOUS news!!!

Congrats!

Habeela said...

WOOHOOOO!!!! This is awesome! And who cares how long it takes - good changes take time!

Spokane Al said...

Congratulations!

Those who have not been there tend to have less than a full appreciation for such a major accomplishment and all the effort that goes into making it happen.

But for us - we know!

LBTEPA said...

Sounds as though yoou're doing it in a realistic and sustainable way - go you! Yay!

Melissa said...

WAHHHHHHOOOOOOOO!!! I'm doing a happy dance for you. Congrats. And it's ok it's taking a while. I think that makes it easier to keep off in the long run. I"m really proud of you.

Unknown said...

WOOOWOOO I am sooo excited for you! That is awesome!! Keep up the great work! I add a ticker at the bottom of my blog, you should make one too!

jbmmommy said...

Congratulations, that's an awesome accomplishment! By the law of conservation of mass, that weight went somewhere- and I think I've picked it up for you. I don't want to give it back, but I'm trying to pass it along to someone else. Keep up the great work!

Brent Buckner said...

Congratulations!

So much of life seems to be about trajectory....