Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Missing

My beloved 14 year old Kramer is missing. I raised him from a teeny little 4 week old kitten. I'm a wreck. Neither of us can remember seeing him for sure any more recently than last Thursday or Friday. We had company all weekend, plus hosted a big brunch on Sunday. He's shy and we figured he was hiding until everyone left. But there's been no sign of him since.

He's a strictly indoor cat but occasionally tries to sneak out onto the porch for some sun. We wonder if that's what happened when we had company and no one noticed. We've done the awful searching through the basement ceiling to make sure he isn't up there. I think it might be easier if I had found his body in the basement. Then I wouldn't be tortured with wondering where he is or if I'll ever see him again.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh dear! I will hold both you and Kramer in my thoughts.

Sixteen Chickens said...

Oh no! I hope he turns up soon. You just never know with cats, they are so darn self-reliant. You are the second one of my friends to have an old cat go missing this month. It's tough but I'm sure he is on walkabout somewhere.

Melissa said...

I know this is hard, so I will pray for you guys that you will find him. Sending you happy thoughts.

Melissa said...

Any word yet?