Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Biker Bear

One day a couple weeks ago, I noticed Bear studying the neighborhood boys very intently as they rode up and down our street. It was a nice day and we'd been outside trying to teach him to ride his trike (he's *this* close to pedaling). A big honkin' light bulb sent on that day - his trike did not look like the big boys' bikes.

He can't even ride it yet, but he was officially DONE with the trike.

He has another bike. But we didn't know he knew that. A good friend found it at a garage sale the day of my baby shower and got it as a joke. It's been hanging from the ceiling waiting for him to grown into it.

He went in the garage and proceeded to point and grunt at his other bike until we finally got it down to humor him. He climbed on like an old pro and looked at us like "well, make it go!"

Someone should tell him if he's big enough for the bike he's too big for the pacifier.

When Bear gets something in his head there's little to do but go with it, so Wonderful Husband set it up for him.



Like any good cyclist, Bear double-checked his mechanic's work.

Bear putting the final adjustments on his brake. Note the total ignorage of a perfectly nice trike.

Now every time we open the garage Bear rushes over to his bike and demands I get it out. Here's hoping he'll master pedaling before the weather turns this fall!

(And yes, I did go out the next day and buy him a helmet. I just can't get him to sit still long enough to take a picture of him wearing it.)

4 comments:

LBTEPA said...

That's gorgeous

Trisaratops said...

OMG! CUTEST. POST. EVAH.

Lisa said...

That's too cute! I love it! I can't believe how big he is! You must be so proud!

Are you volunteering at IM Wisconsin this year? I wish I was, I have a couple friends doing it, but I can't come home for it. Cheer extra loud for everyone for me, if you are. :)

Sixteen Chickens said...

Awww I sure wish I could see the photos but my PC is broken and I'm trying to save enough $ for a new one. I'm sure Bear will be happy pedaling away by fall...