Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Today

Today, I:

1) Made a fruit & yogurt protein powder smoothie.

2) Had a semi-emergency appointment with my endocrinologist.

3) Went to the gym for a swim.


Today, I learned that:

1) My ancient cheapie blender has a workload limit, and burning motor smell is not pleasant with lunch.

2) When your doctor takes one look at you and gives you a big hug, it means you're not crazy and the meds really aren't working.

3) I vastly overestimated my residual fitness and can no longer knock out half a mile in the pool. I squeezed out a quarter mile. In 3 intervals. (But at least my pull felt strong and my laps were much faster than I expected them to be.)


Today, I'm excited that:

1) I get to shop for a new blender!

2) My doc gave me new meds!

3) I went to the GYM! And now I'm going to a dinner networking meeting! With grown ups who wear real clothes and talk in sentences and everything!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Here's hoping the new meds do the trick!

A new blender!! Is it lame if I say I am a little jealous?

jbmmommy said...

Yeay for a good day (overall). Good job getting to the gym and enjoy blender shopping. (I'm interested in a Magic Bullet myself)

Melissa said...

They have magic bullets at Costco.

Great job on eating well and getting to the gym. You'll get back to where you need to be. Just keep going and you'll get there before you know it. Proud of you. Keep up the AWESOME work.