Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Milestones

During this morning's shower Bear brought a stepstool into the bathroom, climbed onto the sink, got into the cabinet, opened a childproof cap and took some of my thyroid meds. So, today was our first (and hopefully ONLY) call to Poison Control. Thankfully my thyroid meds were almost empty, aren't very dangerous and he only took 2. No ill effects.

Apparently nothing short of Fort Knox is "out of reach" enough for Bear. We've got the really scary prescriptions stored somewhere else up high but we're rethinking that. He's started using bigger chairs and climbing shelves to reach really high places - yesterday he presented me with the finger paints I keep stored in a bin above MY head.

Just now Bear saw me drop a bottle of ice cold water all over my feet and the kitchen floor. Then he repeated what I said. Which means Bear has officially dropped his first F-bomb.

Not the most prestigious day, but milestones nonetheless. : D

3 comments:

Sixteen Chickens said...

LOL! Go Bear!
(I bought that exact toddler bed for Bean but I am not setting it up yet. He still sleeps in his crib without getting out and I like it that way!)

Melissa said...

HAHA on the f-bomb, well not too funny for you, but it is for us reading it.

Look at your big boy in his bed. I cannot believe how big he looks. WOW.

We need to talk soon. Can't wait to see you in Naperville.

jbmmommy said...

Sorry about the f-bomb but these things happen. My boys heard it once at three and one and a half, and neither has repeated it since.

I just had to say how adorable he is!