Thursday, March 18, 2010

Getting to Know You

That is so totally the song that was stuck in my head just now.

My brain was singing it to my hip flexors almost immediately after embarking on what I'm pretty sure was my first solo inline skating mile EV. AH.

Back in school, I only ever went with my roomie. And now I've only gone the one time, sticking close to home, supervised by WH. Going by myself was, frankly, totally scary.

And I totally set up a safe call with my BFF. And then sent up a shout out to the FSM requesting that if I DID happen to totally wipe out, could it please not crush the phone I brought with to call for help in case I totally wiped out?

It was tough. It was mostly into a stiff breeze. And most of it hurt my legs in fascinating new places. Some of it hurt enough to make me want to quit.

But I sucked it up and I went twice as far as my original goal! (OK, going around my supersized block isn't the biggest goal there ever was, but still! I doubled it!)

Way too warm today for my cool weather tights, but I wore them because road rash isn't my color. It's gonna be a long time before I feel confident enough on wheels to wear shorts.

But holy cow does this use different muscles than running - if I manage to cross train with skates and the dreadmill, my legs are gonna look HOT!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Sounds fun!! Good job doubling up. How are you feeling the day or two after?

You still on for Naperville Tri in June? Hope so!! Where did you get your Wetsuit? It's time for me to get one. UGH!! Even with all my weight loss not looking forward to putting one of those on. ANy advice would be welcomed. Thanks.