Saturday, April 17, 2010

Finding Things to Laugh About

Decided to use an hour of my precious 3 hour Thursday morning daycare to sneak in a swim before scooting back to work.

Arrived at gym to learn it's closed indefinitely for major repairs. Best case, will reopen mid May. Which probably means mid June.

Which certainly throws a kink in my June 13th triathlon. That's in less than 8 weeks. That I'm completely unprepared for, in terms of the swim.

Only consolation is I won't get billed by the gym for the time the pool's closed, since I'm a swim-only member.

Found out the rec center for that town is offering some sort of deal to folks who need to swim. Not ideal, but I'll take it. Cause I don't have a choice.

Not that my shoulder is remotely on board with the swim thing. But I'm trying to proceed like I'm actually racing in 7 weeks.

So. At least there are still things like this I can laugh about.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, a pool (even if not ideal) is better than none, right?

We have a similar issue. 3 weeks before Nationals our home pool closes for 3 weeks. YIKES! Lots of lane swimming in the near future ...