Thursday, September 06, 2007

Insomnia Blogging

It's almost 5 am. I've been unwillingly awake since 4.

I still find it inconceivable that many of y'all consider this prime training time. When the baby kicks my bladder and I have to get up to pee at this ungodly hour I do think of you.

Sometimes even with envy, I think of you - envy that anyone could have the mental and physical ability to function as a human being at this hour. Then I snuggle back under the covers and sleep for 3 or 4 more hours.

But tonight it appears the whole pregnant insomnia thing is winning. So here I sit, squinting at a far-too-bright computer screen at ridiculous o'clock so I won't wake my poor husband with all my tossing and turning.

*SIGH* I wish warm milk didn't make me gag.

7 comments:

Duane said...

SO sorry you're not a morning person! I am up to ride my bike (it's 4:40 am here). One thing nice about early morning workouts is that is doesn't take away family time. Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

After hopping into the pool before work, only able to do so because the baby actually sleeps until 7 now...well, I agree with duane, these early morning workouts are the time not getting in the way of my family time. In other words, I don't want to be training at 5:00 AM either!

Sorry bout the late pregnancy insomnia - not fun - think of it as preparation for when baby comes home.

Kim Herring said...

I love to train early in the morning but only get that opportunity on Saturday. I am usually up at 4am to get to work - ugh! Not something I really want to do but it works for my life.

Have fun at IMWI - I volunteer at IM Cda and I agree with the lack of knowledge on the volunteer side but our captains are amazing (at least the two that I volunteer for) and there is definitely not a lack of volunteers. I have volunteered for two years and in '08 I will be changing duties so we'll see how it goes.

Good job on the exercise this week! Sounds like the pregnancy is going better for you now.

I also wanted to include a thank you for posting on my blog. I appreciate your words of wisdom.

Spandex King said...

I hate HATE morning workouts. I have no clue how these people do it. Never will. Thats the hardest thing about races. They always start to early.

Diane said...

Wouldn't you think preparation for the baby would be lots of sleep, so you could store sleep for when you really need it? So unfair.

Tony said...

I am in deep sleep at 4 in the morning even though I should be out training. Early mornings are probably the best time to work out here in hot Phoenix.

Unknown said...

Just remember...those of us who are peppy at 4 AM are zombies at 9 PM. We are almost never the life of the party!