Sunday, January 06, 2008

Baby Steps to Back On Track

I'm finally getting sick of being a lazy binge-eating slob. Hey, it only took 7 weeks!

I had my little vacation from reality and thankfully my own cravings turned back to exercise and good nutrition, so I didn't (as I was worried I might) have to do a major attitude overhaul to get things heading in the right direction.

I'm not sayin' I'm back to full-on mid-race season training perfection, I'm just sayin' things are turning around.

For instance, today I...

- managed NOT to eat fudge for breakfast
- reported in with The Calorie Nazi for the first time in a month
- arranged with Wonderful Husband to take care of the baby later this week so I can attend my first yoga class in nearly 2 months
-finally did the research and picked out the treadmill I'm going to get to solve one of my gym-less problems (I should say, that I'm going to get after WH finds a new job and we get our tax refund)
- thought really, really hard about getting the stroller out and taking the baby for his first walk (it's unseasonably warm here - nearly 60). Might actually do it if I can catch up on all the laundry and dishes first.

I'm even eyeballing that half-marathon training plan that got left in the dust last season...

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Keep up the great work!! you are doing great!!

jbmmommy said...

Took me a lot longer than seven weeks, you're doing great. Hope things continue to go well, who needs perfection? That can't be nearly as much fun.

Trisaratops said...

Soooooo cute pic of him in the tub below! :)

Sounds like you are doing well! The treadmill is a GODSEND. Enjoy your yoga class!

TriGirl 40 said...

Take advantage of the unseasonably warm weather and get out there with the baby!

brendaj said...

Sounds like you're motivated. Keep it up and enjoy the nice weather!

LBTEPA said...

a lazy binge-eating slob.?
vacation from reality?
excuse me, you just gave birth and got to grips with becoming a mum! No self-critical remarks apply!
So great that you are feeling better and getting back to your health goals :) ((hugs))

Kim Herring said...

Just catching up on blogs today - I've taken a little vaca from checking them.

Sounds like you and the little guy are doing well - i LOVE the picture of him under the Christmas tree - it is too cute for words really.

Keep up the good work and don't be too hard on yourself - there is a race with your name on it when you're ready and only you will know when that time is.

Sixteen Chickens said...

All hail the calorie Nazi!! (DID I really just type that? what's wrong with me>?)

Diane said...

WOW - impressive. It took me three and a half years to get back on the bandwagon, and that's after my second baby. You rock!

And BTW, if you have time, you've been tagged!