Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Really Dumb Injury of the Week

Had my ortho consult a few day ago. Survey says.... DeQuervain's Tendinitis.
She kept using words like "common," "classic" and "textbook." Suits me just fine, would hate to have something wierd and hard to treat.

So my current 'goes with everything' accessory of the moment is this sexy little number...


They sent me for a few weeks of PT (which is cool because I get to see awesome PT Chris again). I'm allowed to run and swim but have to stay off the racing bike for at least a month. I can ride the upright hybrid bike and do modified (i.e. don't use that hand) yoga.

All in all, it's looking like the embarrassment of explaining the injury (it appears the baby's head compressing my wrist when I nurse on that side caused the inflammation) is going to end up being worse than the injury itself. I can live with that.

7 comments:

jbmmommy said...

Doesn't sound dumb to me at all, how would you know that might cause injury? Hope you're recovered soon. Oh, and I love the pool picture!

Joy | Love | Chaos said...

Wait...does that mean you got an *injury* from your *boob*???

Just wanted to be sure I got that one right.

(wink)

LBTEPA said...

Have you tried one of those big triangle pillows for nursing? Friends of mine swear by them.
Good news it's pretty simple to treat :)
Hey, what about aero bars on your road bike? (new injury = new toys - can that be bad?)

brendaj said...

I use the My Brest Friend pillow. Sometimes on a good day I don't even need to hold him under his head. On a bad day, I once found after finishing nursing that he had a big zipper imprint on his face (since I wear a lot of hoodies)!

Sixteen Chickens said...

There's only one thing to do... teach WH to breastfeed!

Steve Stenzel said...

HAWT! Nice wrist-wrap!

Good luck!

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Oh, I have one of those! They're just the accessory to have these days.