Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Old School Motivation

This was supposed to be a post about how cool it was that we took Baby Bear for his first swim and how much he loved it.

Then I saw the pictures.

I mean, I was back at my pre-pregnancy weight within a week of giving birth and that's basically where I've been hanging out. Not good, but way better than it could have been and I've been taking steps to start losing again.

Maternity leave is over. I'm easing back into real life, easing back into work (which is killing me! I've having to try to work late at night after the Nightly Epic Baby Bear Bedtime Battle) and easing back into training.

So, like I said. Babies and pools and pictures and Oh. My. GAWD!! Suddenly I don't care how hungry the breastfeeding makes me, something has to be done, and done N.O.W.

Oh, and I can't help thinking if it's this bad now, how bad was it BEFORE I lost 50+ pounds?!?!

So, I'm going old school Erma Bombeck on my ass. Only instead of a picture of Mama Cass on the refrigerator, I'm putting the baby swim day pictures up as wallpaper.

(Least horrific picture provided in order to keep your screens from melting...)


(If this were a movie you'd be able to see that he'd just discovered how much fun it is to kick his feet and splash water.)

8 comments:

LBTEPA said...

STOP STOP STOP!
a) water distorts things
b) cameras LIE
c) you have to eat b/c you have a life that you need energy for!
d) plenty of time to get harsh on yourself later when baby is sleeping properly.
e) ((hugs))

Unknown said...

I'm glad to see you both in the water!

Trisaratops said...

I AGREE WITH LB!

YOU STOP IT RIGHT NOW AND THAT'S AN ORDER!

:)

You look great. End of story. I know that's easier said than done, as I should probably heed my own advice. My body is definitely...DIFFERENT...now. The weight is pretty much gone, but things aren't the same, and I'm trying to let myself be OK with that as, from what I'm told, it just takes a little time to tone up again.

HOW CUTE is the baby bear?!?!?! Adorable!

Steve Stenzel said...

What a cutie in the water!! Good luck with the mommy-weight....

Jennifer P said...

"Baby comes first" was the advice my WW leader gave me last night when I approached her about revising my goal weight and to lose another 5 - 10 while still nursing.

Like Sara, I'm struggling with body issues because NOTHING is the same and it's frustrating, no doubt. And it's been 15 months for me since my little guy arrived. You'd think I'd figured stuff out.

So here's my 2 cents: eat healthfully, cut out the junk, and run when you can. The weight WILL come off. Feeding your little man comes first and foremost. When I'm about to eat junk I just think that whatever I eat he eats. That's enough motivation for me to step away from the cookies.

Good luck and email me if you want support.

Sixteen Chickens said...

Just keep doing what you're doing, no need to freak out and go nuts. I think you look great and the baby is simply dahling!

Unknown said...

Michelle, you look wonderful and like everyone said Baby comes first.. I am glad he likes the water, future Triman here.. I missed this picture, I had to back up in blogs, I ahve been so busy here.. We start our adoption program tonight. I wrtoe about it on my blog. I will fill you in when i fined out more.
What a cute little baby bear! :0)

Erin said...

Your little guy is adorable!!! What a little person already, and, oh yeah, what Ibetepa said!