Friday, September 05, 2008

Jonesin

I'm jonesin hard. I need a tri fix.

I miss the early morning gleam of carbon fiber bling. The mingled scents of sunscreen and sweat and body glide. The weary smiles of mutual respect between athletes and volunteers. The sight of pain and determination and sheer joy on back of the packers' faces as they push themselves to accomplish feats previously thought impossible. The sound of cowbells and Mike Reilly's amplified voice in the distance.

I needs me a triathlon. As luck would have it, there's this little thing called Ironman Wisconsin happening a hop, skip and a 2 hour drive from here on Sunday.

I'm currently on hour 12 of the worst migraine I've had in a while. That, obviously, is throwing a wrench into my carefully scheduled life. But I've been sandbagging my to-do list for a few weeks now, and I might still be able to pull it off.

If I can beat this migraine in under 17 hours - and Madison's weather forecast for Sunday isn't prohibitive for spending the day outdoors with an infant - I'll take it as a sign and be there with (cow)bells on.

1 comment:

jbmmommy said...

Enjoy, I hope to see an IM race some day.