Thursday, September 11, 2008

One More for the Collection

Becoming a triathlete has necessitated an addition to my storage shelves of a big honkin tote labeled Medical Braces. It's getting to the point where I rarely need to go shopping when one of my health care providers tells me to wrap, brace or otherwise support an angry body part. : )

As I was putting athletic tape on the shopping list, it occurred to me there might be an easier way to help the plantar fasciitis. While I generally follow the advice of my doctor/PT/orthopedist, I'm a barefoot country girl at heart and can't bring myself to wear running shoes with orthotics 24/7, which is what was recommended.

Even when I do wear them, as I learned Sunday at Ironman, just a few hours of light walking makes it flare up and I limp for a week.

So I did a quick Google search and found this...

It does exactly what the PT was doing to my foot with tape, without the hassle of tape. For 20 bucks I figured it was worth a shot. I started wearing it last night. Here's hoping it will do the job that a summer of rest couldn't.

5 comments:

Nancy Toby said...

I do a similar thing with stretchy 3M tape when my PF is acting up. Helps a lot!

Steve Stenzel said...

Hope it works!!

Melissa said...

Can you send me the link? Thanks. I put more IMoo pics on my blog today. Enjoy!!

RawTriGirl said...

Hope you feel better!

brendaj said...

I'm a barefoot girl too! Thanks for your note about the healthy baby snacks. We're always looking for low sugar options. He discovered a European cracker that he loves, but I'm not sure if they sell it here. And btw, we have the exact same baby boat!!