Friday, October 17, 2008

New Numbers

We're really broke these days, so for that and many other reasons I haven't been to yoga in over a month. I knew it was going to be hard once it was no longer free at the gym; with the way things have changed for us financially it's tougher than I thought to find the 60 bucks to every other month. (And it's even harder to justify when the Bear's schedule makes me miss half the classes.)

In the meantime, I started DVRing the yoga show on FitTV. Not that I've had time to DO any of them yet. But when I do find a way to fit it in, at least I've got 3 hours of yoga shows to choose from.

Long story long, instead of yoga today I went ahead with the usual Bear At Grandma's for Yoga time and went to the gym for a swim instead (we're cutting expenses like crazy but things will have to be a lot worse before I cut that $33 a month).

You might remember me whining ranting mentioning that the pool at this gym is even smaller than the sad little pool at my gym that closed. So small that they don't even bother with lap distance signs because they don't think anyone would/could really try to work out in it.

I was chatting with some of the lovely retirees who frequent the pool at the odd daytime hours I am lucky enough to be there, and I mentioned my interest in finding out how big the pool was. One gentleman knew and saved me the trouble of bringing in a tape measure.

Y'all, my pool is.... *drumroll please*.... 43 feet, 9 inches.

Oh. Joy.

Good thing I like math, because tracking my workouts just got that much more complicated.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It is an unusual length, that's for sure!

Melissa said...

Wow, that's crazy. I would still bring a tape measure in and check it.

Sorry you have to give up YOGA, but am glad that you are able to still swim.

Keep up the great work.

Take care,
Melissa

LBTEPA said...

Crikey.....
how are you recovering from the bee attack?

Sixteen Chickens said...

On the bright side you are going to become AWESOME at turns!

Melissa said...

McHenry County YMCA in Crystal Lake is only 40 dollars a month for an individual membership and it has a normal size pool and yoga is included in the membership price for free. There is a 100 dollar sign up fee, but in January there is a half off the sign up charge. I don't know how close you are to there, but I was there working out while my son was at his theater rehearsal and looked around. Just an FYI.