Monday, December 29, 2008

Onward and Upward

Happy Birthday to me - I turned 36 yesterday. Here's to another fun and fabulous season as a back-of-the-pack age grouper!

Irony at its finest - today I took Bear to the store and picked up organic milk, organic bananas, organic yogurt and a variety of green cleaning products. Then I temporarily lost my mind and got him his first McDonald's cheeseburger for lunch.

Goal postponed - haven't found that wagon just yet, but only because a nasty virus found me first. Entering the 4th week of being sick, finally starting to think I may soon be able to move more than arm's length from a box of kleenex and my narcotic cough medicine. To keep things lively, Bear has been sick with the same thing at the same time, only with bilateral ear infections to boot (times two, beginning of December and recurring last week).

Decisions, decisions - wonderful surprise of a monetary gift from my mom just big enough to treat myself to either a Garmin 305 or a wetsuit. Fencepost wedged firmly up my ass, though logic will likely fall in favor of wetsuit. (That choice will prevent hypothermia in all those Lake Michigan races I've been wanting to enter, and no matter how much I might believe to the contrary, I can't actually die from cool chart envy.)

11 comments:

Sixteen Chickens said...

The yuck-bug has made it to my house too. Yish. The Bean hasn't gotten ear infections (thank goodness) but he did get two teeth in the past week. Yesterday I managed to get both him and myself dressed and put him in his sled and drag him around the park. I'm calling it exercise. We are due in front of the judge in less than an hour. Wish us luck, we are going to need it.
Garmin or wetsuit, that is a tough call... glad I don't have to make it. ;)

Unknown said...

Happy belated!!! (Did the Bear enjoy his cheeseburger?)

Hope you're back to 100% soon!

Anonymous said...

oh my! I absolutely love my Garmin and use it CONSTANTLY so I totally vote for the Garmin because the time you will spend using the garmin vs the wetsuit is huge ~ trust me!

LBTEPA said...

Happy birthday - and get well soon.

Pharmie said...

Happy belated birthday! Hopefully the new year will bring you and bear some better health :) As for the garmin vs wetsuit, that's a tough one. You're right, though. I've survived this long without a garmin but would likely have frozen to death without my wetsuit!

Trisaratops said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :)

Hope you all feel better, too! Bug has had an ear infection and RSV the past 10 days or so. Poor little guys! And then of course I got it, in the form of a nasty cold. Me poor nose is RED.

But your birthday gift--that rocks! Enjoy picking something out! :)

IronWaddler said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you feel better soon. 2009 promises to be a great year.

I love my Garmin. Once you get one you can't imagine being without it.
Either is a great choice.

brendaj said...

We also tried our first cheeseburger recently but he only wanted the bun!

Born To Endure said...

Happy belated, sorry I missed it, hope you have a great new year!

Unknown said...

I hope you had a wonerful Birthday and Happy New Year!

Steve Stenzel said...

Happy belated birthday!!

And the McDonalds Irony is FUNNY!! HA!