Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Small Victories

Yesterday I decided that I was going to pick up my old workout schedule where I left off. Just make it part of my life again like it had not gone on, um... let's say "hiatus." 'Cause that sounds nicer than completely fucking derailed.

I'm not saying I was expecting to jump right back into full-on race training. I'm just saying it's Tuesday, and on Tuesdays I run.

So. Right before I got Bear ready for his nap I got me ready to work out.

The Bear cried because he wanted to keep emptying the contents of my bathroom drawer into the dog's water bowl. I cried because I was so desperately tired I couldn't see how I was going to get through his naptime routine, let alone through a damn workout.

Then I thought back to all the times over the last few years when I was tired and sore (and pregnant and puking) and still did my workouts. And I thought about how good I always felt afterwards and how I never regretted sucking it up and doing it.

Basically, at 1:15 PM on January 6th, I decided it was time to HTFU.

And for 35 minutes, I did. For right now, I'm calling that good enough.

Until Thursday.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you - that is CERTAINLY good enough.

IronWaddler said...

Sometimes life interferes with training for sure. Good for you to take what is available.

Unknown said...

Well done!

LBTEPA said...

Oh WELL DONE!
And THANK YOU! I needed to read that today - I'm getting on my trainer NOW

Sixteen Chickens said...

Yay! I know it sucks but it has to be done. Good for you! I started a New Years Rez blog, so far so good. Today is the Bean's 1st birthday. I had plenty of cake, but no ice cream. Hey, I've got start somewhere. ha!

Melissa said...

Siren,

Great job. I know how hard it is to start once you have stopped. Great job. 35 minutes is AWESOME!! Keep it up now. YOU CAN DO IT!!

Lisa said...

Great job! It's SO hard to get started again, but I'm so happy to hear that you did!