Sunday, February 01, 2009

Nobody Gets Me Like You Do

I was just telling one of my closet, dearest, most bestest friends about how excited I was for our little Bahama weekend coming up in t-minus 4 days.

I'm excited, of course, because I'm getting two days of all-I-can-eat open water swim practice. In February. And that all kinds of rocks.

Of course, the prospect of the first real vacation with my beloved Wonderful Husband in a decade is pretty awesome too. But seriously - open water swimming. In FEBRUARY.

My friend's response was... "ya know, there's such a thing as too focused."

*sigh* That's ok. 'Cause I have y'all. And I know in my heart of hearts that with you guys, I'll never need to defend myself on this point.

7 comments:

LBTEPA said...

I don't understand what your friend could possibly have meant - clearly one of the best things about tropical holidays is long swims in a warm ocean! Have fun!

Sixteen Chickens said...

Have fun at swim practice! I'm totally envious!

Trisaratops said...

LOL! :)

We're here for ya, babe.

Have FUN!

Brent Buckner said...

Maybe *moving* would be overdoing it...
Nah....

Unknown said...

Hey, look -- after sea swimming at Brent's, the all you can eat sea swim is a key element of my winter fantasies. And I talk about it. Maybe more than I should. Do you think we need to start a Group?

Lisa said...

Too focused? Nuh uh. No such thing. :-p

Melissa said...

You are fine and we all have your back. I have been student teaching, so I have no time to read blogs or do my blog right now, so I'm a little behind. Glad you got to go on vaca with the hubby.

I went to my trainer this past weekend after taking a few weeks off and he said, "Hop on the treadmill. Walk 30 jog 2 Walk 30." I said, 'Jog 2 minutes?" He said, "Uh huh." I said, "OK," but inside I was freakin' out cause I've never jogged for 2 minutes, but guess what? I did it. I was so proud of myself and it didn't take that long to get my breathing back under control. I cannot believe I did it. My goal for this summer with my tri's is to be able to run my 5k's at the end of them. I've always had to walk. I know I will be able to do it.

Anyway, keep up the great work with all you are doing. And we expect to see pics from your trip.

Take care,
Melissa