Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Coexisting Peacefully

I guess I was finally in the right headspace to bring The Calori Nazi back into my life, because so far it's going rather smoothly.

For whatever reason, every time I tried to get back on track with him over the last year it has literally been like I'm in some strange caloric grudge match. My general attitude towards the whole thing was "you can't tell me what to do."

Then I'd eat half a pizza and a pint of Ben & Jerry's. Or a tray of Christmas cookies. To spite him.

Being such an advanced piece of nutritional software, it totally hurt his feelings, right? Because then he'd be all "fine, take THAT!" And crank down even harder on my calorie allowance.

Brilliant plan for losing that last 80 or 90 pounds, no?

Anyhoo, my rebellious phase seems to have passed and the Nazi and I are, for the moment, on the same page.

I'm faithfully measuring and reporting my food, and my reward has been to lose 3 pounds in the week since I started. The Nazi seems happy with my progress and is still allowing me to eat reasonably enough that I don't want to hunt down his programmer with a machete.

Now I'm off to squeeze in a little elliptical time so the Nazi will let me have sour cream on my seafood enchiladas tonight.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Well done!!

gecko said...

I'm hoping i can co-exist peacefully with the calorie-nazi too.... i'm trying it out thanks to your link posted earlier.

I really should get to know how to use it, it looks so cool!

Hmm, i may regret saying that! But thanks for the post, it's encouraging to know it's helping you.

Lisa said...

Yay! Glad things seem to be working well with the Nazi.... progress is good!

LBTEPA said...

hang in there darl - thinking of you - you're doing superbly!

Sixteen Chickens said...

8 days with the nazi, so far so good. No exercise yet though, unless you count those pilates leg circles I did while watching "The F Word." (I've developed a thing for Gordon Ramsay... )

Steve Stenzel said...

That sounds like one hell of a spite-ing.

;)

Good luck!!