Friday, April 06, 2007

Flexibility

I was born the kind of person who sees things a certain way. I can't look at challenge and see a problem. If it's a particularly big challenge I may need some time to be emotional, to process what's before me. But the immediate next phase is to see options and steps and possible solutions. Nothing is impossible if you break it down and make a plan.

And boy, do I love to plan. I used to get all verklempt if my plans didn't go the way I, well, planned. But with age came maturity came the ability to take it all in stride, re-evaluate the situation, and revise the plan.

My health has been the primary source of my planning woes - the place from whence wooden shoes are flung into the workings of my carefully scheduled life. And once again, my body has served up a surprise that's going to make me pause, and rethink things, and move ahead on a slightly different course.

It's too soon to tell if this will be a short-lived challenge or a permanent adjustment. All I know is that I'm ready for it.

6 comments:

Habeela said...

A new health surprise? I hope it's a good-bad kind of surprise...do we get to know?

jbmmommy said...

That's the best attitude for facing a new challenge. Good luck.

Melissa said...

I will be praying for you whatever it is you are facing. I really like your outlook. Remember, With God All Things Are Possible.

Take care of yourself,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Are you preganant?????

First thing that popped into my head!

Unknown said...

Hey. Going through my own "body letting me down crisis" here. So I'm hopeful that your health issue is either something fixable or something that you're happy about (someone mentioned pregnancy). Keep us informed.

Lisa said...

:) You're totally ready for it. :)