Sunday, November 25, 2007

It's a Miracle!

And I don't mean the miracle of childbirth. But that was pretty cool too.

Today's miracle brought to you by my bathroom scale, which reports that, 6 days post-partum... I am somehow inexplicably back at my pre-pregnancy weight.

Not that my pre-pregnancy weight was anything to throw a party over. And not that being back at this weight doesn't mean I don't have twice the belly I had before my Little Geek came along and my maternity jeans are still the only ones that fit.

But considering where things are at right now (the Little Geek has decided that nursing is unnecessary and I'm a crazy lady for suggesting otherwise; I'm currently on a punishing 90 minute pump-and-feed cycle every 2 hours) I'll take what I can get in the miracle department.

I miss reading all the blogs, will catch up with everyone's adventures once the lactation consultant helps my little angel figures out how to eat again and I get more than 30 minutes at a stretch to try to do stuff like eat and shower and sleep.

And now... back to bed. For a few minutes, anyway.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Siren, even more good news!!! Yay, you!

(I'm sure you and LG will get it all figured out in no time at all.)

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

High FIVE!

Yeah for good health and little miracles.

Stay tuned...

Jennifer P said...

We did a lot of pumping those first few days at home too. It's tough but just keep in mind that your little guy is getting the best juice ever. Hang in there, it does get easier.

Born To Endure said...

Congrats again!! Get your rest, there's plenty of time for blogging..oh and when you get the chance..more baby pics please..:-))

Sixteen Chickens said...

Whew! I'm so glad to hear from you. I'm sure the lactation thing will work out, however, the more than 30 minutes to yourself thing... uhhh... I don't want to be the bearer of bad news so I am going to ZIPIT! Kiss the little geek for me!

Diane said...

Congratulations!!! He is beautiful! So glad you are doing well.

LBTEPA said...

Hang in there darl, thinking of you and sending 'this WILL pass' vibes. And there's always (don't slap me) formula - Noddie turned out ok.

Lisa said...

So glad to hear things are going pretty well, despite the lack of sleep. Hopefully you'll catch up on some soon!!

He's gorgeous!!

Violet said...

Congrats! So happy for you both...

Steve Stenzel said...

YAY!!! Rest up with the little one!