Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Marketing to the Demographic of Me

I just found out about this:

The Lasalle Bank Do-It-Yourself Messiah

Apparently they're a multi-talented sponsor who puts on more than just a famous marathon. And the things they put on just happen to be things I'm ready to stand in line to sign up for. I happen to hate "title sponsors" of events and venues with the fire of a thousand suns... but I've got to hand it to LaSalle Bank, they've certainly nailed MY demographic down with frightening precision.

I just can't figure out how I've lived here for 12 years and not caught wind of such a kick-ass event. I desperately miss singing in a choir and I am SO TOTALLY going to do this next year.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

That is just almost too perfect!

Sixteen Chickens said...

This has nothing to do with your post, but my one and only daughter just turned 18 today (and that's not 18 months it's 18 years). Enjoy every minute with your little one because they do grow up so fast. I think of you every day, you have all my best wishes for a speedily delivery. ;) BTW I delivered all 3 of my babies without any kind of pain meds so I know you can do it too, natural childbirth is the way to go.

Brent Buckner said...

That is awesome!

An entire bank, devoted to sponsoring events just for you and your friends....

Joe said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Where are your Halloween photos? :-)

Good luck with the baby.

I noticed U2's Beautiful Day on your list of training tunes. That's one of my favorites too!

Melissa said...

Siren, hubby and I do this event every year. It is so much fun!! Let me know if you go.

making a comment about wylee's comment. I had both my kids med free. It was awesome. you'll do great!!

Melissa said...

i forgot to tell you that tickets go fast, but if you don't get them just show up the night of the event and there are always people giving away tickets. Get there early for good seats. It's not as fun in the balcony. I'll let you know if I think of any other tips.

brendaj said...

I just found your blog from a referral link. I'm due about a month after you and your checklist in the last post was very helpful! Apparently I still have a lot to do...

Anonymous said...

You are not alone, I have never heard of this one either.

home health supplies

Dances with Corgis said...

That is actually really cool. I miss singing in a choir as well! (although I never brought much to the table).

Let us know if you sign up and do it :)