Friday, July 11, 2008

Nuun Swap?

As I've said many times before, I heart the Nuun. It really works for this salty sweatin' endurance girl.

Everyone raved about the Kona Cola flavor when it came out, so last time I placed an order I got 3 tubes of it.

Meh.

I don't really drink soda (and if I do it's not usually cola) and react badly to caffeine. Duh. Should have known better.

Just got a tip from this endurance blogger that Nuun has a new flavor: Orange Ginger.


(Even though I noticed he also contributes to this blog and I'm assuming it was a pseudo-spam kinda tip...)

My reaction to this information was still OMG OMG OMG. YUM.

(I have several citrus + ginger herbal teas I drink All. The. Time. I know I'll love it.)

Here's the thing - Nuun is a giant PIA for me to get my hands on. Right now I either have to order it online and pay as much in shipping as for a whole 'nother tube, or I have to drive 120 miles round trip to Fleet Feet in Chicago (and blow the operating budget of a third world nation on gas). And there's no guarantee they'd even have the new flavor in stock (some of the staff seems surprised they have Nuun at all when I point it out to them behind the counter).

So, if any of my bloggy peeps likes the Kona Cola and happens to have a couple tubes of the Orange Ginger lying around you're willing to part with, I will happily do a mail swap. I've also got an unopened Tri-Berry I'm not particularly attached to.

**Update**
Thanks for the suggestion, Wil! It's in the mail to Trisaratops for Pharmie. : )

3 comments:

Trisaratops said...

Hey! I don't like the orange ginger, OR the Kona Cola, and have two semi-used tubes of each (I think hubby and I tried each) But it's very easy for me to get them both...would you like me to pick some up for you? Lemme know as I was going to head over tomorrow around 11ish to get some stuff for my race Sunday!

I do like TriBerry! :)

Tracy said...

TST - since Siren is less than in love with the Cola, save it for Pharmie at Steelhead? She likes that flavor a lot :) Also, both of you should talk to Stu about all things Nuun, those folks are totally the nicest people EVER!

Unknown said...

I like Kona Cola fine, but Orange Ginger sounds delightful!