Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Motivational Deficit

Did you know that it's really, really hard to find the motivation to get outside for exercise when:

- it's ~90 degrees for days/weeks and heat can give you migraines
- the PT (with good reason) refuses to let you do the race you're scheduled for in 2 weeks, so you have no reason to do heat acclimation training, and
- it's too hot to take the baby out in the jogging stroller anyway

But on the bright side, I have renewed my relationship with The Calorie Nazi and have taken off about 7 of those 11 pounds I'd regained. Yay! I found I can keep it up better if I do a M-Th on, F-Sun off schedule.

I might not lose as fast, but in the long run it will keep me from giving up so I figure the trade-off is worth it. When you're dealing with losing 150 pounds on a multi-year time frame with a baby thrown into the middle of things I decided it's not worth caring if it takes a couple extra weeks or months at the end.

Injuries are coming along nicely, I hope to ease back into some semblance of scheduled training soon. Definitely planning to do the Thanksgiving Day 5K and am kicking around the idea of registering for an early spring 10K. I've had to accept this season is a wash and if I try to make it otherwise I'll just reinjure myself.

Just for kicks, here's some gratuitous summer cuteness...

2 comments:

Sixteen Chickens said...

I can almost see him thinking "wonder if flags taste good?"

Hey, I can't figure out how to subscribe to your blog. Usually there is a link somewhere on the blog but I can't find it, am I blind?

LBTEPA said...

It sounds like a good plan - your weight loss has to fit in with your 'real life' or it won't stick! Staying inside when you've got a little baby and it's boiling hot sounds REALLY sensible!