Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Could Almost Hate Him for This

We're about 2 weeks into the gallbladder nightmare (surgical consult scheduled for Thursday). I'm doing my best to keep Wonderful Husband fed with gallbladder friendly, low-fat meals and he's so scared of the pain coming back he's forgone his typical cheeseburger and pizza diet and is doing the same for himself when he's outside my jurisdiction during workdays.

The result?

The pain is manageable and he has avoided another major flare-up.

The side effect?

This morning he looked noticeably thinner and I said so. He's been talking about trying to lose 30 pounds for a while, so he was not unhappy to hear this and got on the scale to test my theory.

He's lost 7 pounds in 2 weeks.

Bastard.

4 comments:

Sixteen Chickens said...

I'm glad you can't hear my giggling. It's not funny, I know it's not, so not funny. Here's the good(?) news, after the gallbladder is gone he can resume the pizza/cheeseburger diet if he so chooses. And we all know where that leads...

Hey, on another note, doesn't the Bear have a celebration pending?

Melissa said...

I laughed too, sorry, Michelle. Isn't that what always happens. The guys always lose it faster. Hang in there.

My word verification is slypo. That made me smile.

LBTEPA said...

...and you can't even kick him because he's not well. Bugger.

Anonymous said...

That's about what I would have called him too. Why do men do this stuff so easily - they suck! lol