Wednesday, November 12, 2008

When It Rains It Pours

The same day Grandma died, Wonderful Husband ended up in the ER with severe abdominal pain. Tests at the time were negative and they sent him off with a scrip for Vicodin and orders to get into the first ultrasound appointment he could (which, between the funeral and the hospital's schedule, wasn't until today). He spent the last 4 days gutting out the family obligations, alternately battling a fever, pain and Vicodin haze.

We won't get the official word from our doctor until he's back in the office tomorrow, but at the appointment this morning the tech was nice enough to tell him unofficially that he probably shouldn't get too attached to his gallbladder. He even threw in that he hasn't 'seen one this bad' in a long time.

Which means... no Bahamas beach house in 3 weeks. Here's hoping we can reschedule those non-refundable plane tickets.

4 comments:

Sixteen Chickens said...

Hey, I think you can probably still make the bahamas provided you can get him scheduled for surgery soon. I had my gallbladder out a couple years ago and although I was uncomfortable for a few days I know I could have still made the trip. Your hubby is WAY tougher than me, so don't reschedule anything yet. He may not feel 100% but he is sure as heck going to feel a lot better than he does right now!

Melissa said...

and what a better place to recover than in the Bahamas.

I will be praying for him and you.

Take care sweetie,
Melissa

Unknown said...

I was walking on the dreadmill a couple of days after my Evil Galling Bladder was removed. Like sixteen chickens I wasn't 100%, but I was 100% better than I was with it in! As long as they can do it with the scope, the recovery time is vastly reduced.

Here's hoping that surgery can be scheduled ASAP!

LBTEPA said...

OMG you guys are in the wars. I reckon the Bahamas will happen (I'm willing it to!)