Monday, November 24, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

I had my mind all made up to do the Turkey Day 5K this week, then yesterday I tripped over some random new birthday toy and my knee went "ziiiing." When I got up for our 2am 'my diaper is wet and I need Momma Milk' routine I was limping.

Ugh. So much for getting in an actual event in 2008. Oh well, 2009 is right around the corner and I've still got my heart set on attempting my first Oly.

In other news.... Wonderful Husband goes in for gallbladder removal tomorrow. We're looking forward to him being done with the pain and being afraid of more pain every time he eats. He's particularly enthusiastic to have it done before Thanksgiving dinner.

Hope everyone out there in blogland has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

7 comments:

Sixteen Chickens said...

Oh, that reminds me that I have to get back to Teri about the Jingle Bell 5K next month. Maybe there is a similar run/walk in your area?
Tell WH I said good luck and happy eating!

Anonymous said...

OUCH, hope your knee comes right soon. Enjoy your thanksgiving.

LBTEPA said...

Ow! get well soon!
best wishes to WH for his surgery

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family too.

Stay tuned...

Melissa said...

I'll miss you at the 5k. Just hope your knee heals quick. I'll be praying for hubby's surgery and quick recovery.

Take care sweetie.

Melissa said...

Hi, we just got back from the 5K a little bit ago. The whole fam went with me. It was Keith and the kids first race. Keith did it in 37mins, Parker did it in 52, and Tricia and I did it in 1:08. We had a great time. Thanks for telling me about it.

How is everything on the home front? Happy Thanksgiving!!

Anonymous said...

I hope your knee feels better soon. I was wondering where do you get your triathlon apparel? I have been looking on line but I can't seem to find any sizes that go above an XL. I want to do my first triathlon in the spring and I'm worried that I wont have lost enough weight to get into an XL. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Leahmsmith@comcast.net