Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Another Reason Cable Doesn't Suck

I still had an hour of sunlight when WH got home tonight (I do heart the DST). I was also tired, cranky, bloated, crampy... and did I mention tired?

So while WH took over feeding Baby Bear, I plopped down on the couch, started channel surfing and found a random cable channel broadcasting what it called "Classic Triathlon."

Well, you can't pass THAT up, right?

It was Kona from 2006. The one where Blazeman came back to watch. From a wheelchair. While talking about how he won't be there to watch next year.

Suddenly that whole tired cranky crabby thing didn't matter any more. I dragged my chubby ass upstairs, got geared up (first time in two years I've worn my Under Armour thermal with thumbholes!), got the dog and got out the door.

Holy crap had I forgotten how glorious it is to run in the chilly early spring weather. I didn't even mind the ankle deep puddle across the path.

Would you believe I pulled off a 13ish minute mile? It was just that one, flanked with a couple of comfortably walked half miles, but for me - especially now - that's fast.

So, here's to Blazeman. And random cable channel boots in the ass when we need them.

6 comments:

IronWaddler said...

Watching that on TV can be very motivating.

LBTEPA said...

The Youtube clips of the Hoyts always fire me up. I CAN!

Unknown said...

Good for you!

Cliff K. said...

Jon keeps me going everyday...this is his legacy!!!

Cliff K.,
Jon's original webmaster.

Lisa said...

Reading your post makes me want to get out and run today! (I won't, for the sake of my potentially injured knee)

BUT-- I am going for an (almost) midnight bike ride tonight with a coworker. She does them every Wednesday, so I decided to join her.

Melissa said...

Great Job!! You could have stayed on the couch, but you didn't and you rocked your mile. 13 is awesome!! I just did an 18 minute mile at the gym. I've shaved off 2 minutes. GO US!!!