Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Calorie Nazi Status Report

It's been a month since I re-enlisted with The Calorie Nazi, and except for Aunt Flo and a little predictable water weight, things are moving along pretty well. I lost about 4 pounds this month, which for me is a lot.

I learned a long time ago not to focus on numbers because I'm inevitably disappointed. Because my thyroid problem makes it excruciatingly difficult to lose weight, I learned that if I just focus on weighing less at the end of a year than I did at the beginning, I'll eventually make my goal weight.

But this is going so well - and yes, I'm aware saying this will probably jinx it - that I can't help saying it...

if I stay this (surprisingly reasonable, manageable) course, I am on track to lose my 'dare to dream' goal of 36 more pounds in 2009. I've never lost more than 24 in a single year, and I usually only manage about 12.

Oh, and if I do make it, that will be a total of 82 lost.

I'm just sayin'. Even in the midst of bloaty chocolate craving crabby madness I'm holding my own. First time in a few years I've felt this optimistic.

(In other news... the plantar fascitis came roaring back in the last week, which is ridiculous because I've been down with a cold and haven't done anything to upset it.)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you!

Sixteen Chickens said...

Yay! That is great news. I have to admit I got off track with my nazi around my anniversary. Oh well. I think the nazi loves me today, I broke my tooth and haven't been able to eat much of anything. Oh how I wish you hadn't said chocolate...

LBTEPA said...

if we don't dare to dream we don't have anything to aim for. here's to dreaming big!
Boo to your PF, go away and leave Michelle alone please

Trisaratops said...

That is awesome!

You are awesome.

I say go for it! :)