Monday, March 23, 2009

I Heart PT Chris

My plantar fasciitis has gotten pretty bad again lately - enough to hold me back from working out and slow me down if I try.

I was running an errand a few days ago and happened to be driving by PT Chris's clinic, so I popped in to ask her what she thought of those nubbly stick roller things and stretchy sleep socks (she said go ahead, btw, in case anyone is debating them).

We chatted for a few minutes, and even though she had 3 patients there she insisted on taping my foot (which took the pain away for several days) and then we talked about running shoes. She's not convinced I'm in the right ones, and one reason (of many) I take seriously is last time I saw her she and I had just bought the same shoe, which I now know she wasn't satisfied with.

She's got a light schedule this week, so she told me to drop by again with my running shoes so she can evaluate my stride and help me decide on new ones. She's also going to get me another set of orthotics for the new shoes she wants me to buy.

And I'm not entirely sure she's even going to charge me for the visit.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you two have a very good relationship!

IronWaddler said...

You are lucky--take care

jbmmommy said...

That's a good person to know! Hope all works out and you're pain free soon.

Lisa said...

That's awesome! So jealous of your PT Chris... can she diagnose my knee from there? :)

PS I always love the random words... this time it's marys.... hmmm... what's mary's? :)