Saturday, March 28, 2009

Schrodinger Can Kiss My Ass

As a geek, I always found the whole Schrodinger's Cat thing a properly amusing occasional punch line, and for a time even contemplated buying the t-shirt.

I never imagined I'd wide awake in the wee hours, holding the handle to a bathroom door I was afraid to open because my obsessive nature couldn't stop pondering the sick mind of a freaking Austrian physicist.

Or that I'd feel guilty for being on the wrong side of the door, no matter which side it was.

I certainly never imagined this scenario would play out over and over again at 12:30. And at 1. And 3. And 4 and 4:40 and 5. And 6 and 7.

I imagine he'd be interested to learn that it does appear possible to exist on a horrible, simultaneous gradient of alive yet dead.

I've also never been less pleased to have a hypothesis definitively proven. In this case, the simple solution to remove the qualifier 'might be' from 'might be lymphoma.' And I never thought I'd be disappointed if you told me I never again have to worry about having a 4 am hairball unceremoniously horked on my pillow.

Goddamn am I going to miss that sweet, snuggly, absurdly irritable, slightly brain-damaged three-legged cat.

5 comments:

jbmmommy said...

I'm so sorry. I know someday we won't be cleaning cat up throw up on a semi-daily basis and on some level that will be sad.

Melissa said...

Sorry about your loss. I really love how you write.

Sixteen Chickens said...

Such a pretty thing. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Lisa said...

Oh.... I'm so sorry! I know how hard it is when a cat is sick. I'm sorry you lost him (her?). He's pretty!

Unknown said...

I am so sorry for your loss... Hugs! He was a pretty cat!!