Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Shiny New Motivation

PT Chris concluded my Mizunos were doing something funky to push my feet to the outside, and I have to admit she's right. There's even a noticeably stretched-out spot where the outside of my foot is being forced out. I'd thought maybe it was my imagination, because $110 running shoes that three experts at a running store helped get you fit in shouldn't do that, RIGHT?!

*sigh*

Anyway, she's got a strong hunch this is the source of my foot pain. That in retrospect, developed at exactly the same time I bought the Mizunos.

Anyhoo, she ordered me some super comfy squishy inserts and send me on a quest for new, non-Mizuno running shoes.

I scored these today. They're awfully comfy. And props to Asics for offering wide width now. Here's hoping they do the trick...

Asics Gel 1140

7 comments:

LBTEPA said...

Ooooooooooh! Nice!
fingers crossed they are your dream shoe and you have many happy miles together

Unknown said...

Fingers crossed they do the trick!

Shelley said...

Nice!

Brent Buckner said...

Hope they work like magic!

Hmmm... Asics in wide... I'll have to try for a fit.

Sixteen Chickens said...

I always do best in a shoe with a wide toe box... I think it is my genetic predisposition to having duck-like feet. Thank goodness for wide width shoes! Good luck with yours.

Jenny Davidson said...

Good luck!

brendaj said...

I love my asics. And I wear wide in running shoes too!