Sunday, June 22, 2008

I Only Cried a Little

The sprint I couldn't do was today.

I ran two miles yesterday (to remind my body what it's all about after 3 weeks off) with plans to try for 5 today.

Instead of running, I helped my 7 month pregnant best friend move today. Not ideal, but definitely worth losing the workout to keep her from over-exerting herself. (Her husband was busy replacing all the plumbing in the new house.)

I cried about the race on Saturday morning, right about the time I realized I should have been packing the van for the trip. Then I tried really hard not to think about it, and largely succeeded.

Injury status = DNS was the right call.

8 comments:

Tony said...

Sorry to hear about the DNS, but you will be able to fight another day.

Looks like you have had a lot going on lately.

Keep up the good work
-Tony-

Trisaratops said...

Sending hugs!

You did the right thing. Races will always be there, and it's not worth injuring yourself for months for one morning of racing, you know?

Still, it sucks. I'm glad you got to help your friend out!

Hang in there, sista!

Unknown said...

Just because it's the right call doesn't mean it's an easy call.

But I'm sure your friend appreciated your help more than she could express.

Best of luck on the 5 miler!

:) said...

You definitely made the right call...there will always be other races. :)

Sixteen Chickens said...

There is always another race. Don't sweat it. Hopefully 2009 will be injury free.
P.S. Do you ever think we are just getting too old for this?

Steve Stenzel said...

Dang. Sorry to hear. You had a DNS and I had my first DNF. Pissy weekend.

Unknown said...

Hopefully we will all be back next year for this race.. I really wanted to do it this year, but babies coming changes everything. Take care and look at 2009!!

brendaj said...

Races will always be there but best friends don't always go through monumental life changes. That's so great of you to be there for her!