Friday, June 06, 2008

Rolling Over

My sprint is in two weeks, and I thought I was going to be ok(ish)...

- my knee is back to normal
- my wrist is still stupidly painful, but surprisingly allows me to ride my bike
- my left foot had been almost back to normal

Note the past tense regarding the plantar fasciitis.

Got up last night to feed Baby Bear and discovered the sharp pain and limping had returned. Was too upset to sleep, so thought long and hard about what to do.

PT Chris has been saying for weeks I shouldn't do the race because it's too risky with all the half-healed injuries. Around 3:30 this morning, I finally accepted she's right.

So, I'm applying for a medical rollover for my triathlon.

Part of me is sad - it will be the first time in 4 years I haven't done this race, and worst of all, it means I don't get a triathlon this year.

But my overwhelming emotion is relief, so I guess I'm doing the right thing.

I'm giving myself more time to heal, and more time focus on a reasonable plan for finishing my goal race in August.

But I'm still reeaaaaally bummed.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds like you've made the right choice, but I'm sorry you had to make it.

Heal well!

LBTEPA said...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
NOT FAIR!!!
((hugs))

Melissa said...

I know exactly how you feel. It was the hardest decision for me not to do any tris this summer, but I had that same relief after deciding.

You know I would have been on the side lines cheering for you so just picture me standing here with a sign that says:

GO MICHELLE GO!!
HEAL WELL!!
SO NEXT YEAR YOU CAN GIVE 'EM . . . . . .

HELLO!!!! :-)

Let's get together soon.

Take care,
Melissa

jbmmommy said...

Good choice, but I understand the disappointment.

Sixteen Chickens said...

We should start our own club... let's call ourselves the beauty school dropouts. :) Next year lets all do Naperville with pink hair!

BTW this is me, W---e